2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
Greetings from Sunny Belize
Counting my/our BLESSINGS
· The Freedom House fundraiser was a huge success, we raised over $1000 USD. Freedom House, is the home that seeks the transformation of former prisoners and their reconciliation to God, family, and community through the power and truth of Jesus Christ. **I was also just voted in as chair person of the board!
· The Special Outreach with Samaritans Purse was truly a success. The purpose of this Outreach was for Samaritan's Purse to bless the service of their staff members who have served for 10 or 20 years. Because of this, we were blessed in Belize to have 60 people come from across the US and even 2 two special Canadians. We gave out over 2600 shoe box gifts to Belizean Children in just three days. We witnessed two 3 year olds graduate from the 12 Week - `The Greatest Journey` lessons. The team also witnessed children giving their lives to Jesus, it was an inspiring time for many of us. We walked away renewed in our service for the Lord.
· Monies have come in, over the last few months and it has enabled me to get my car fixed. By the end of this month, I should have all of the car parts paid for including; 4 new tires, an oil change and insurance for a year. Yahoooooooooooo Jesus for this!!
Weekly Church Schedule
· Tuesday & Fridays: 12 pm to 1 pm - Prayer at my Belizean Church
· Wednesday: 7 pm to 8 pm - Bible Study, Prayer and Worship at Church
· Saturday: 5 pm to 7 pm, Y4J (Youth 4 Jesus) - I am the Director of our Youth Group
· Sunday: I am one of the first to arrive at 8 am to set up and put on the coffee. Church Service is from 9:30 am to 11 am
· Tuesday, April 14th: Prayer & Fasting for the Freedom House Ministry.
· Saturday, April 18th - 9:30 am to 2 pm: Board of Directors meeting for the Freedom House.
· Wednesday, April 22nd to Friday, April 24th: International Leadership Meeting for Samaritans Purse!
· Wednesday, April 29th to Friday, May 1st: I have been invited to join the TGJ 2.0 Creative Development Team. This team will be revising and editing The Greatest Journey material. It will be held at The Cove in Ashville, North Carolina http://www.thecove.org (This truly is a great honour)
· Tuesday, May 26th to Friday, May 29th: Leadership Conference with Samaritans Purse in Costa Rica. There are two missionary outreaches this summer and both of them are in the southern part of Belize, in Hopkins Village. One is in July and the other is in August - Details to Be Confirmed Soon!
I am also praying for a MIRACLE PLANE TICKET so I can attend a family reunion, on Saturday, August 15th, I would like to be able to visit family and friends in Ontario for a couple of weeks. If someone is willing to donate airline miles, please let me know.
· Heavenly Wisdom and Guidance for my leadership responsibilities
· Grace and Mercy for the long days and many meetings
· Good health to continue to do all the Lord has called me to do
· Financial Assistance for an increase in monthly financial support, donations towards buying a new vehicle and donations towards buying a house
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. ~Proverbs 3:5, 6~
Thank you for your prayers and your financial support!
Love from Belize
Katherine Joy McDonald